Wednesday 3 December 2008

The Beginning of the Crunch...

As I am writing this entry which is my first, my son of 3 years is sitting opposite me eating toast and watching his fave film Monsters Inc on a portable DVD player. The crunch however is not from the late snack that he has requested but from the inevitable crunch which has ended my employment.

Maybe we should start at the beginning.

I have been in work for about 16 years now without much interruption, apart from 3 years ago when I was made redundant from a Sony job. I decided to take 6 months off working to help my wife bring my son into the world which was an amazing time, but I eventually had to return to some employment as money was running out...

So I got a job with Bosch making alternators which was a average job but the money was good so I thought things were looking up.

As the global markets started to slow down, borrowing ended and the economy slumped I started to think of the future as Bosch looked shaky - so i found another job with a company called pure wafer...

The day I resigned from Bosch they announced a major downturn in production and I felt that I had made the right decision and moved on.

After a couple of months of my new job things looked worrying but I pressed on applying for a Team leader job as confidence grew with my new employer and things looked rosy

Yesterday they decided to remove all probation permanent employees (including me) from their factory.

No comments: